Monday, April 10, 2006

Magnificent Tigers


WOW!!! These are my favorite animals.
I will write more about them later. They are so beautiful.
These two seem to have decided to stick around each other.
Hope you like this awsome picture as much as I do!

I dedicate this one to you Lila ;-)

The reason that these are my favorite animals is that to
me they portray such majesty and gracefulness.
What a beautiful fur they have! Kind of golden-orange
with white patches and black stripes.
They walk swiftly on their huge paws, usually in utter
silence. Nowadays they are almost impossible to find
in the wild. I'm not sure I'd want to meet one in the
wild though ;-) Although I'm sure if I would see one
I'd almost feel like hugging it, but I guess once they
show their huge sharp teeth and claws this feeling
would quickly dissapear!

Tigers are fierce hunters. The biggest member of the
cat family moves through its territory alone and hunts
at night. Using its keen vision and hearing, along with
a powerful sense of smell, the tiger sneaks on its prey
stealthily. Those stripes help to camouflage tigers.
Tigers run extremely fast over short distances and can
leap over 10 feet in a single bound!
They can see 6 times better at night than humans.
After a meal, the tiger has a long drink of water, and an
even longer nap...
Ok, that's all for now.

The Siberian or Amor Tiger; an amazing animal.
I certainly hope we do not need to add it to the list of
extinct species any time soon!
Kind regards,
~Lucas~

8 Comments:

At 1:50 pm, Blogger annegreet said...

Grappige jongen, je zegt altijd "hier ga ik later nog eens over schrijven". Leuk is wel dat je dat dan ook doet. (c: Ze zijn erg mooi!

 
At 3:21 am, Blogger Luke said...

that is a really beautiful picture of those tigers, luke. Snow leapords used to be my favorite animal. I haven't thought about favorite animals in a while though.. hmm.. another thing to think about.

Tarsier. Though this isn't my favorite, it certainly is fun. (c:

 
At 12:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lucas,

This is Nile again :)
Yes, these tigers are magnificent indeed. Are they really your most favorite animals? I would go for horses or cute little lambs maybe, keeping in mind that I can't hold even a cat. Did you know that such big cats spend most of the day sleeping?
By the way, are we going to see Lila on your blog someday? Just curiosity ;)

Take care

 
At 9:02 pm, Blogger annegreet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:49 am, Blogger Luke said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:05 pm, Blogger Lucas said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I get this right? Are you getting married soon? Wow Lucas, congratulations! May you and Lila be happy forever. Now I am definitely looking forward to a picture of you two together :)

Best wishes for all your future plans,
Nile

 
At 1:08 pm, Blogger Lucas said...

Thanks Nile!!
More news on the wedding very soon ok... and I'll add that picture you've been wanting to see :)
So long! Hope you are well.
You are traveling soon right?
Take care (also to the others who read this). Be blessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home